
Jack's school had their Thanksgiving feast today. At first, I thought it meant we got to eat lunch with him and we were both so excited, but I later found out parents aren't invited unless they are helping in the kitchen. Only room mothers get that honor unless they can't be there, but it's just as well. As much as I would have loved to have seen him, I know he would've clung to me and not enjoyed the full experience as much. He and his classmates were Indians, headbands and all, and one day this week they each got an Indian name. Jack's is "Sitting Bull". We would've called him "Raging Bull" ourselves, but it wasn't up to us. The teacher told me she got a great picture of Jack. He cleaned his plate and then fell asleep in his highchair. The teachers do scrapbooks for each child at the end of the year, so I'm sure that will go in his scrapbook and I look so forward to seeing it. Since we didn't get to see Jack "Sitting Bull" in action, we reenacted it at home tonight during dinner. He is such a ham for the camera these days and I just couldn't decide between the pictures I took, so I posted them all.
Have I already mentioned that our house is fully decorated for Christmas? My parents and sister came down last week, so I took full advantage of Jack's distraction and pulled down the trees. It is such a good feeling to come home and turn on the Christmas lights. Nothing makes a house feel more like a home if you ask me. Jack loves the trees too. We have a big one in the den, a smaller one in the breakfast area, and a metal one in his room and he always points to them and says "Teeeeeee!". Unfortunately, he undecorates the big one as much as possible on a daily basis and two ornaments have already been broken. I never thought about how many "balls" I have as ornaments, but he also points this out to me daily. More hamming it up for the camera below, and again, as much as these two pictures look alike, I just couldn't decide between them because he was truly smiling for the camera!


The kid is talking up a storm! Not so many sentences, although he has put a few words together "Bite pizza", "Mama, here" and "My baby Bible!". No clue where that one came from. I'm afraid the terrible two's are showing up a little early at our house. He often rats himself out. He was standing on a chair and I continuously got onto him and then I hear him in the other room saying "No, no, no, no, no!", walk in, and he's standing on the chair, grinning ear-to-ear, and telling himself "No!". He does the same thing with the ornaments - says "No, no, no, no, no!" all the while taking one off the tree. You can imagine how hard it is to discipline him when I'm cracking up. He has quite the personality and keeps me smiling always.
1 comment:
the way he smiles for the camera is hysterical! i think sitting bull is a good name for him considering the story you told me about how you went to pick him up one day, and he was chilling in a chair with his paci, watching the other kids play! ha!
Post a Comment