Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wedding Sneak Peak

I could not resist sharing this precious, adorable, handsome picture of Jack trying on a tuxedo to get fitted for his MiMi's wedding next month.  WOW...NEXT MONTH!  Boy time truly has flown in preparing for Jack's Emily and Luke's special day.  While she will no doubt be a beautiful bride and Luke a handsome groom, I think this little guy will get quite a few glances his way as well.  Travis bravely took both boys to the tuxedo shop on Monday for Jack to get measured.  He thought he had it planned perfectly right after Marshall's nap and bottle and right before both boys' lunch.  However, upon arrival to the tux shop, he was greeted by a young girl advising everyone that her father would return in 45 minutes.  Now 45 minutes sounds like a long time to wait, but it's an eternity to wait with kids.  Still, the thought of heading back home, unloading both kids just to reload and return no doubt sounded just as torturous to Travis.  So he did what every parent would do and drove to Chikela (Chick Fila) to appease his older son.  Why am I giving you the play-by-play, you ask?  Because one day I will wonder what I thought was so hard about raising these two sweet boys and I want something documented to look back on and laugh at because this truly is our day-to-day life.  No, we don't go get tux measurements every day, but we encounter these challenges almost every time we leave the house, or so it seems.  So Jack gets his wemernade (lemonade) and his meal and proceeds to eat it on the way back to the tux shop.  Travis feeds Marshall his baby food in the car in the parking lot and according to him, made a mess of everything.  As soon as they re-entered the shop, Jack immediately had to potty.  No public restroom available, but after Travis threatened to let his son pee in the parking lot pleaded with the guy, he let Jack use the employees' restroom.  They measure Jack all the while Marshall is throwing a complete fit AND they want to try on a tux and the shoes to make sure the measurements came out okay, hence the picture above.  I only wish I had video because I hear at one point Jack only had on the tux pants and shoes and was dancing to Bobby Brown's "Don't Be Cruel".  Someone tells me there's video of his mother dancing to this same tune in the 6th grade, but no one will EVER post that I assure you.  My sister's wedding will be bittersweet to me.  I love Luke.  He is a great fit for our family and is already playing the role of the "fun uncle" (his words) perfectly because Jack adores him and Marshall smiles at him a lot.  Most importantly, Emily loves him.  However, she is my baby sister, so no doubt a few tears will be shed as she and my daddy walk down the aisle.  After seeing this picture of Jack in part of his tux, I'm afraid I won't make it past him walking down the aisle though. 

1 comment:

Judith @ Creating Balance said...

oh carla! I'm tearing up over here. Jack is a little man in that tux, and his haircut. precious!