Saturday, June 19, 2010

Jack's 3rd Birthday Party

What a post!  Pictures galore and stories to tell!  I designed this invitation on http://www.peartreegreetings.com/ and it's by far my favorite of all 3 of his birthday parties.  It says "Calling all firefighters to the station, Join us for Jack's 3rd birthday celebration!"  I think I've mentioned that just about every day we have to make a trip by the fire station to see what the trucks are doing, so the decision to have a fireman birthday party was an easy one.
The day before the party, Jack helped me stuff the pinata.  I think he sampled every kind of candy in it, but I made another decision to let this boy have fun this weekend and I didn't sweat the small stuff one bit!
Mom, Dad, Emily and Luke got him this Gator and delivered it this morning.  He had to wait to ride it after the battery charged and let's just say he needs drivers education on backroading.
A very special visitor made an appearance at the party, a truck from the Shelby County Fire Department.  I thought Jack would be thrilled!  Instead, he was terrified and said he just wanted to play.  I think every kid at the party sat in the truck before I finally brought Jack to it kicking and screaming.  Not literally, but I did have to drag him.  This little guy didn't mind the firemen one bit though.
We were thrilled that Harrison made the party.  He was in town visiting his grandparents, so Adam and Rachel brought him over to join in on the fun.
Sweet Patrick and even sweeter Lizzie, who will be a big sister in August.  Bless Brandi's pregnant heart for bearing the heat for Jack's party.
Leave it to Papa D to get the job done.  Jack FINALLY in a picture with the truck!
And even the firemen!
It was a strange day for the Lowe family witnessing our baby, Emily, hard at work.

We invited Jack's classmates and I was so glad that we did.  It gave us a chance to get to know the kids he spends so much time with and their parents.  I loved watching them play together.
Jack's sweetheart, Palmer, or actually, Palmer's sweetheart, Jack Todd.  Did I ever tell the story about Jack in Bible class at school telling the teacher with disgust and shock in his voice that "Talmer's hugging me!"?  Her mom said she's been saying for days that she was going to sit by Jack Todd at the party.  There's another Jack in their class, so both boys are known by their first and last names.
My party animal.
Taking the first swing at the pinata.  That sucker is better built than our house.  I finally had to rip it open and dump the candy out.
Jack came up to me and said "Mommy, I want more candy!" and all I saw in place of his teeth were blue, green and red chewy things.  I couldn't get a good shot of it, but that was what this picture was all about.  "I not hungry, Mommy.  I don't want pizza.  I want candy!"
Jack and Emerson, another girl that's been hugging on my boy at school.
I LOVE this picture!  The only one missing is Marshall.
And here's where Marshall was...sacked out in Adam's arms.  I looked over and Adam was giving him a bottle, but Marshall was dead to the world asleep and Adam still had the bottle in his mouth.  He was scared to take it out and wake him up.
It didn't take him long to get comfortable in the stroller though.  I love that he had his feet propped up.
Craig was our hero once again this year.  He topped last year by doing TWO firetruck themed cakes.

You've got to give credit where credit is due.  Kate helped her daddy make the cakes this year.
I think he liked everyone singing to him.
Miss Madditude LOVES my parents.
Brotherly love.
Present time!
I wish I had a picture of my little boy in his OCD state.  After opening each gift, he would take it and neatly stack it with the others.
This is probably my favorite picture from the day even though you can't see any of their faces.  Doesn't it look like best buddies putting together a plan?  I was standing behind them and actually one of the other kids was trying to talk Jack into letting him open some of his presents.  Jack said to him and I am LOL as I type this because this is so Jack "No, it's my birthday and that means I get to open the presents."  You tell 'em, Jack!
Jack and Lizzie
Goodbye hugs to Emerson and FINALLY, Miss Taylor Townsend TWICE!
There is no other love like it.  My friend, Molly, just had her first born a few weeks ago and those were the first words out of her mouth when I talked to her after having baby Ian.  I totally agree and I could go on and on, but that pretty much sums it up.  Can't wait to celebrate one of the best days of my life with my big boy tomorrow!

4 comments:

courtney said...

adorable! looks like jack had a great day and marshall is getting so big.
i totally need a "craig" in my life to make cakes like that. rock on, boy!!

Mary-Kate said...

Cute party and sweet post...can't wait to feel that mommy feeling in just a few more months! :)By the way, the word verification I have to type in to post my comment ends in sperm. ?? ha!

Judith @ Creating Balance said...

Great pics! Sorry we couldn't make it! Let's do a playdate soon!

Lindsey said...

It was such a fun party! You did a great job!