Ever heard that saying? Well, that's the theme of just about every early evening at our house when I'm trying to get a meal on the table and entertain both boys. On preschool days, that's Marshall's fussiest time of day, so entertaining him usually involves pots, pans, spoons and LOTS of noise. Jack normally wants to "help", which really means taste test or add food coloring to EVERYTHING! These pictures were taken yesterday when I was making hashbrown casserole. The potatoes ended up all over my counter and then Jack decided he needed a bowl of shredded cheese to eat, which ended up all over my couch and floor. This has to be one of my most stressful times of the day, closely following getting us out the door on time each morning. Still, I know these are the days I'll miss when my boys no longer want to be in the kitchen with me or around me at all for that matter.
4 comments:
no worries - dinner time is our most stressful time of the day, too. i feel like camryn is going to gnaw my leg off and she keeps banging on the fridge for "eese, eese" aka cheese.
i love that jack cooks in his underwear!
Jack does EVERYTHING in his underwear! I'm surprised he had a shirt on in the picture. It's a fight to get him dressed.
that's our craziest time, too, sister...my kids fill up on snacks before i can even get to their dinner b/c they are so hungry. Most of the time it's fruit and cheese...but there are some nights when they have oatmeal creme pies and God knows how many fruit snacks...oh well. it is what it is!
How comforting this posting and each of these comments are... I suppose my Lawson is normal after all. :)
Post a Comment