This child will forever keep me on my toes. Travis and I joke that when the boys are older Marshall will be the one getting Jack into trouble. They are so very opposite. Jack is mellow for the most part. Marshall is hot or cold. He's either extremely happy or extremely pissed. Here are some cell phone pics I snapped of his latest antics. If I open the dishwasher, pantry or fridge, I have to rush to close it before he's in. Here he is on the dishwasher door checking out the top rack.
Here's the "fake fit" he throws when he doesn't get what he wants. This was right after I pulled him out of the dishwasher and closed it. Well, there's nothing fake about the fit, but the crying is all for show.Who needs a walker when this sucker will occupy him and clean the floors? He pushed it all around the den.
This is during his whiny period at dinner time. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard and usually the moment I start counting down to bedtime. He's trying to drop his morning nap, but the afternoon nap isn't quite enough. As luck would have it, Jack is trying to drop naps all together. You can imagine my household at night.
I believe this was the morning I woke up and it was 9 degrees outside with a windchill of 5 below. I bundled up the boys and took them to Alesia's and when I got there, this is what I found. I thought he was working on dirtying his diaper with all that grunting, but instead, he was taking off his socks, shoes, and hat.
The phrase "Get out of my cabinets!" takes on a new meaning with Marshall, who just climbs on in to explore.
Oh me. He is a climber! Sunday when we picked him up from the nursery at church they said they had to get him down from the book shelf. The other day I found him standing on one of his chairs chewing on a bead on my curtain. This picture was taken today while we were going round and round over him standing in the chair. I would put him down. He would climb back up. I would take him to the other room to play with his toys, turn my back and he was standing in the chair again. It was definitely a game. In the end, he started standing up dancing and waving his arms in the air in the chair like "Look, Mom, no hands!" The kid won't stand on solid ground without holding onto something, but elevate him and he thinks he can fly!
So yes, my disciplinary actions involve my cell phone. When Marshall pulls a stunt, I immediately reach for it, which probably only encourages him more, but it is who he is and I want it all documented! Recently, I've ordered a blog book of my 2008 posts. When I receive it if I like it then I'm ordering 2009 and 2010. I don't scrapbook, so I thought this would be the next best thing. Beware though, this only means I'm going to be posting more and more pictures of my two little sweet things.
3 comments:
hahahaha! This is Moose to a T. The boy takes off his shoes at least 3 times before we get to school!
Okay, so he and Harrison are going to be the best of buds:)!! Good thing they do not live very close together because they would be making trouble together. I love it!!
Oh, how I understand! I believe my little Emmitt is going to follow right in L's shoes as he was the very same way!!! I suppose this beats a life style of pure boredom... I, however, would never know what that is like! :)
Post a Comment