The first half of spring break was pretty terrible. We had planned on going to Paris for 2 birthday parties and a wedding shower. Thursday morning Jack woke up sick. He seemed fine on Friday, so we headed to Paris as planned. I ended up sick that night, but fine on Saturday when Jack got sick again. Marshall was the only one that made it to the first party, which was a fireman party. He had a great time, but it was pretty pitiful watching Jack stare out the window at all the kids playing around the fire truck since the party was in my parents' back yard.
There was a first that weekend. Marshall and Jack slept together on an air mattress. While Marshall is still in the crib, he's outgrown the pack n' play, so I was relieved to see him do so well in bed with Jack. None of us went to the second party because we were still scared of spreading our germs and it was a good thing. On Sunday, Marshall and I both ended up sick and we stayed parked in Paris until Tuesday morning! As miserable as I was, it was a pretty nice break. We basically laid around in our pajamas watching movies and sleeping. It might have been God's way of telling me to slow down and let my body catch up. I'm going to listen to Him ahead of time next time so He doesn't have to send me such a strong message!


No comments:
Post a Comment