Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Bike Riding Boys

I'm quite certain this will be my view for most of the summer. 
 
We took Jack's training wheels off of his bike over 1 1/2 years ago.  He's been riding it that way in the grass every since.  The concrete, however, is a completely different story.  He has been terrified of falling, therefore, up until recently, his road riding has been very limited to our driveway and I mean the width of it and not the length.  Even then we practically have to make him get on it.  A couple of weeks ago I tried a new method.  I came up with a game where he won points for how far he rode it.  What does he do with these points?  Nothing.  It's just the thought of getting more and more points that drove him.
 
We started in the driveway, but eventually made it to the street.  I was still having to push him off, but he could go as far as he wanted and stop himself.

After a few days, he could start himself.

We're about 2 weeks into our bike riding summer and 2 bike wrecks in as well, but luckily, that hasn't stopped him from getting right back on.

Now we can't forget Marshall, who does really well on the starter bike we gave Jack when he turned 2.  He insisted of a video of his own.
I can't wait until these two are going at the same speed, so I can hop back on my bike to ride with them. 

No comments: