If we're friends on Instagram or Facebook then you've probably already figured out what this post is going to say. On Friday, August 9th Travis and I moved our family to my hometown of Paris, TN. To say this is a dream come true for me is an understatement. I had basically given up on the idea of raising our boys in Paris until Travis came to me with that exact proposal late last year. We both agreed that Jack and Marshall needed to finish the school year, so we put our house on the market at the end of March and we showed it and showed it and showed it. By late July, we had a decision to make - do we stick around until the house shows and let the boys start the school year in Lakeland/Arlington knowing we would likely have to move them mid-year or do we charge ahead and temporarily move in with my parents until our house sells? We decided on the later and here we are. Travis is currently looking for a job and I am working from home making trips into the office in Memphis for a day or two each week. Our house is still showing, so we have high hopes of that burden being lifted soon. Jack started school here yesterday and I'll give more details of his day in another post because that event deserves it's own. Marshall will go to my preschool starting the day after Labor Day. We have already started the boys in Sunday school at the church I grew up in and Jack has had evaluations for flag football that will begin in a few weeks. To say that we are moving right along here is an understatement. Exciting things are happening for the Todd family in Paris, TN and I can't wait to share it all in the days to come! Here's a few pictures from our last day in Lakeland and our first weekend in Paris.
There are a lot of things about Memphis that I will miss - friends, the boys' schools, our babysitter, Target, just to name a few, but this little boy is at the top of that list. Emily and I don't see each other all that much, but just knowing that she's 45 minutes down the road if I need her and probably more than that, I'm 45 minutes down the road if she needs me, is reassuring. Boyd and MiMi made a trip to our house the morning before we left to pick up some toys that my boys have outgrown. To say that Baby Boyd adores his cousins is an understatement.
Poor Max and Marley are just along for the ride.
Night 1 in Paris - the Henry County Fair including the carnival and truck and tractor pull. Big brother's favorite part was watching the tractors literally rebuild the track. Marshall favored the rides.
Daddy and Marshall going down the big slide.
A successful game of Pick Up Ducks.
The boys are sharing a room at my parents' house and the room is large enough for all of their furniture. It's pretty ideal actually. We've fixed it up real cute, so they truly feel at home. I have to say that none of this would be possible without family. My aunt and uncle painted the boys' new room late last week just in time for the move and my other aunt spent the day with us Saturday helping empty boxes and set up. Our support system here is unbelievable and I feel so blessed that the boys will grow up with these people in their lives.
My home church is a large reason I want to be in Paris. It just feels like home. The boys have already settled into their new Sunday school classes and we're excited about things to come with the youth group.
We would appreciate all the prayers we can get at this time...for Travis to receive not just a job, but the right job to allow him to truly enjoy small town life; for our house in Lakeland to sell; for my work to continue with my new status of primarily working from home; and most of all for our boys to settle in and enjoy the small town raising that Travis and I appreciate even more now that we're back.
No comments:
Post a Comment