Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dada, hair

This is the picture message I received from Travis on Friday when he was in Jackson, MS doing community service sorting clothes for work. It's probably only funny if you've seen Travis lately and know that he's now shaving his head completely bald. Apparantly, someone donated a wig (he called it a toupee, but it has too much hair to just be a toupee) and he thought it would be funny to take it home with him. Before you start thinking how gross this is, it was brand new and still in the bag, so it has not been used before. Jack and I were in Paris and Travis didn't join us there until Saturday. I had already told Mom and Emily the story and showed them the picture, so they weren't shocked when they saw him walk up with it on. Dad knew nothing about it and he and Mom were leaving in the truck when Travis walked up. Mom immediately busted out laughing while Dad tried to carry on a conversation with Travis without mentioning the wig. When Mom and Dad left, Dad said to her "Boy Travis's hair sure did grow back dark. I tell you what, if I were Carla I would take him to Fantastic Sam's to get it cut! You were sitting here heehawing at the poor boy while I was trying to carry on a conversation with him." It never occurred to Dad that he had just seen Travis 2 weeks earlier when he was completely bald.

Now a blog entry is not complete without a Jack story. Honestly, Jack wasn't too taken aback by the wig. He looked at Travis, patted his own head and said "Dada, hair." He wanted everyone else to try on the wig, but threw a fit if we tried to put it on him. Jack has known most of his more common body parts for awhile now. If you ask him where something is he can show you, but just recently he's been naming them himself. He'll point to his own eyes and say "eyes" and then point to my eyes and say "Mama, eyes". Last week he realized that Travis doesn't have as much hair as we do. He patted himself on the head and said "hair" then pulled at my hair and said "Mama, hair" then pointed at Travis's eyebrows and said "Dada, hair". I also gave him his own hair brush when he was trying to take mine and of course, he wanted to brush his hair then my hair then he ran to Travis and brushed his eyebrows.

2 comments:

liz said...

freakin' awesome! and it's nice to see a hint of the old travis, too.

courtney said...

NICE! God love Rick Lowe!