All we had been telling Jack about the trip was going to see the Blue Angels (check) and going to the beach. Well, as soon as we left the show, he wanted to know why we weren't at the beach. So finally, after a long day of checking into the house, grocery shopping, unpacking, etc. we headed to the beach at 4:30. It couldn't have been more perfect! It was overcast and there was hardly anybody out there! We only stayed for a couple of hours, but it was enough to wear Mommy and Daddy completely out!
Notice poor Marshall is covered in sand and this was within minutes of arriving. He was a happy camper for the first little bit, but he wasn't too sure about the waves crashing into him and eventually he crashed in the tent.
Jack, on the other hand, was a completely different story.
Boys will be boys - Travis bought this kite "for Jack".
I'm only posting this picture to prove that I was there. I start feeling good about losing my baby weight until I get into a bathing suit. I'm not proud of the fact that I'm in a one-piece, but it sure beats the alternative and that is seeing myself in a two-piece! You should see the other pictures Travis took of me. Geez!
After the beach, we cleaned up and headed out to eat at Crabs. Honestly, Travis and I weren't expecting much. It looked like a fun place for kids, which to us meant the food wouldn't be too great. I would compare it to The Hangout in Gulf Shores, but on a smaller scale. Now if my in-laws are reading this right now, they are groaning because we ate at The Hangout with them last summer strictly because it looked like a fun place for Jack. It was, but the music was so loud it gave us all a headache and the food left much to be desired. We were pleasantly surprised by Crabs. It wasn't crowded at all, but there was a play area in the sand for Jack to play if we had to wait. We didn't, but I had to feed Marshall, so that's where Travis entertained Jack in the meantime. The food was great. I would definitely suggest it to anyone coming down here with kids.

1 comment:
We enjoyed Crabs when we were down there last year. Glad you guys liked it! Enjoying catching up on all your posts!
Post a Comment