Thursday, March 3, 2011

Marshall at 15 Months

Marshall's 15 month appointment was today.  As luck would have it, I've been home with him all week and Jack yesterday and today with what we think is the flu.  The reason for the uncertainty is neither boy was tested for the flu or even seen by the doctor, but Alesia had a confirmed case last week right after keeping the boys and they both showed symptoms earlier this week.  Marshall was hit first with fever Monday morning, so the doctor called them both in Tamilflu.  Jack's fever spiked Tuesday afternoon.  So I had the doctor check out both boys real good while we were there.  Turns out that Marshall is healthy and Jack has sino-bronchitis and an ear infection.  I'm so sick of sickness.  So far in 2011, we have dealt with strep, a viral infection, now two ear infections, the flu, and now sino-bronchitis.  Please pray that spring brings good health to this family that desperately needs a full week of work and school!

Back to Marshall's appointment, which went really well.  He didn't care for the nurse too much and would hardly let her weigh or measure him.  Dr. Ellis walked in the door, however, and Marshall was mesmerized.  He remeasured him because the nurse's measurements had him shrinking from his last appointment.  After the examination, he was sitting in my lap while I was listening to the doctor's report and he climbed down, walked across the room to Dr. Ellis, put his arms up and tried to climb in his lap.  Neither one of us could believe it.  Jack talked non-stop the entire time, so I guess you could say my kids like their doctor, which is a reassuring feeling considering I'm driving 35 minutes to get to him.  Here are Marshall's stats:

Head:  90th percentile (I didn't write down the exact measurement)
Length:  32 1/4 inches (just above the 75th percentile)
Weight:  25 lbs (just above the 50th percentile)

He's a growing boy and I feel blessed to have gotten a good report.  Unfortunately, I have no new pictures to show.  Now that he's mobile, they all end up blurry because he won't sit still.  Jack is still his idol and he's just now realizing all the benefits of traveling upright as today he was chasing the dog for his toy.  What fun we have headed our way!

No comments: