The original plan for Spring break was to spend a few days in Jackson, Mississippi while Travis was down there for work and my sister was off, come to Memphis for a couple of days of fun and then to Paris to finish out the week. However, due to all of the kids' illnesses,I haven't been able to work much, so I felt like I needed to spend some time in the office. The kids and I left Daddy in Jackson on Sunday and my grandparents arrived Monday morning and stayed through Wednesday, so I got 3 full days in and took off Thursday to be with the kids. Unfortunately, first thing Friday morning we headed to the doctor where we found out poor Marshall had fluid on his ears and a sinus infection, but 5 days of a z-pack and he's good as new. Liz and I had talked about getting the kids together during spring break, as had Lindsey and I. When Liz invited us to the zoo on Thursday, I quickly found out Lindsey and Taylor had the same plans. Later that day, my friend Shannon also invited us, so us 4 moms joined the rest of Shelby County on spring break and headed to the zoo first thing Thursday morning with our 7 kids. It was packed and I actually heard of people that were turned away, but luckily, our entire group made it in. You would think this place would get old because we go so much, twice already this year, but every time is like the first time with the kids. Jack pretty much gave the guided tour. I never gave Marshall the option of getting out of the stroller and I honestly would forget about him sometimes until I heard him yell out at an animal. It was just so hard keeping up with Jack running around in his green shirt along with every other kid there because it was St. Patrick's Day. On a side note, when he got up and I told him he had to wear a green shirt because it was St. Patrick's Day, he said "But I don't like St. Patrick! I like Sponge Bob Squarepants!" Here's a few pictures I took of the boys with Shannon's kids while we waited for the others to arrive. Jack started out the day acting shy and wouldn't pose for a picture to save his life, so here's a picture of precious Abigail that Jack has not stopped talking about since that day.

Marshall and Henry with a little Jack in the background.
Jack refusing to pose.
Marshall is starting to say cheese when he sees a camera.
When Marshall saw the donkey, he squealed with joy until the donkey turned his way and he was screaming for his life. That's Kate and Jack petting him and Marshall trying to get away.
And finally a picture of the whole crew while we stopped for a picnic lunch. Left to right - Taylor Townsend, Jack, Marshall, Henry and Abigail Kirby, Kate and Maddie Jostes.
Home for naps and then back outside for the afternoon and early evening. The boys and I even spread out a blanket and ate supper outside. We wanted the day to last forever!
I'm almost embarassed to post this picture. This child has grown so much in the past year. That is a size 4T outfit, so not too surprising that it's too small. I always buy at the end of the season for the next year, so I assumed 5T for this year. Guess what? They barely fit! I'm bumping him up to size 6!
Looking for a 4-leaf clover.
Marshall loved the sandbox!
It was the perfect day!
No comments:
Post a Comment