Monday, August 8, 2011
1st Day of School
Today was the boys' first day back to preschool. It was probably the easiest first day we'll have for awhile.
This is the beginning of the end of Jack's preschool years and I'm trying hard not to focus on what lies ahead next year as we leave our comfort zone in St. Paul and all it's familiar faces and head to the unknown. He is in the Funny Frogs Young 4's class and his teachers are Ms. Reagan and Ms. Donita. Thirteen of the fifteen kids in his class were with him last year and the majority of those were also with him the year before. We went to the school Thursday night to see the boys' classrooms and meet their teachers and Jack's first impression in his own words were "Well, it's kind of little, but it has a computer!" His classroom is smaller this year, but it does have a computer, which is impressive to our big boy. Thursday night he was very shy, standing behind Travis and I and barely talking to anyone. The teachers told Alesia today that they couldn't believe it was the same boy today that they met Thursday because he talked their ears off. They said he was very interactive and they enjoyed talking to him. I think he's in for another great year!
Marshall is a Buzzing Bee in the Toddler class and his teachers are Ms. Alesia and Ms. Natalie. Yes, our Alesia is Marshall's lead teacher this year. Need I say more? He breezed by me when we approached her classroom and never looked back. She said he was great, but every so often would realize that she had another kid in her lap and he would quickly climb on top of the other kid in an effort to claim his spot. She would give him some loving and he would quickly go back to his business of playing. He gave her no trouble going to sleep on his nap mat without his papi (pacificier). Jack said he saw Marshall once on his way to lunch and Marshall cried when Jack walked by. He is the second oldest in his class, which will put him in all the Older classes starting next year while Jack has been in all the Younger classes with a June birthday. Marshall cheesed for the camera and insisted on carrying his own bags and walking himself into school. I can't wait to see what all he learns this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Cuteness abounds! Marshall suddenly looks so big! I hope Jack has a great year before Kindergarten approaches... it will probably be a quick year if I were guessing.
Post a Comment