Sunday, June 16, 2013

Party at Putt Putt

We celebrated Jack's upcoming 6th birthday with a party at Golf & Games Family Park in Memphis.  I cannot get the back of the invitation upright below, but I put pictures of him on each of his 5 previous birthdays.  How do they go by so fast?
 
Here is Jack with his putt-putt-themed cake made by Jerry Joyner of Paris.  I still think his cakes are the best.
 
The birthday boy and his friends from left to right - Taylor, Addison, Marshall, Harry, Jack, Nick, Kate, Maddie and Jacob.
I had to post this picture to show the brotherly love that is finally developing between these 2.  I say finally, but they have obviously always loved each other.  Here lately Jack has really stepped into the big brother role of taking care of his little mess of a little brother.  In the group pictures above, Harry is standing in between Marshall and Jack because he really wanted to stand by the birthday boy.  Marshall was content to stay by Addison, who Jack claimed all year as his girlfriend. 
Boyd was there too, but that child is a hot mess and we didn't even attempt to put him in the picture with the rest of the kids.  Will we ever get a good picture of all 3?


Marshall loves his Baby Boyd so much!
The party kicked off with Putt Putt.




Then into the party room for some pizza, cake and presents.

Of course Jack picked a spot by his best bud, Kate.  These 2 are really missing each other this summer!
Liz and Craig brought Jack's favorite gift of the day back from Dublin.
After everyone had cooled off, we headed back outside for some rides.
Jack and Nick riding the Go Carts.
Liz and Maddie
Craig and Kate
Marshall and Daddy
The Jostes crew

These 2 are becoming best buddies and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.  By the end of the party Big Big had taught Boyd to put the hammer down and now he does it every time he lays eyes on him.  Oh my.
Taylor in the bumper boats
Even Brody made the party
MiMi was dying to ride the bumper boats and Boyd was a little too young, so she and Marshall fought for the controls on this one.
Jack getting ready to soak his friends and family.
The whole crew



To finish off the party, each child got 30 minutes in the arcade.  The birthday boy also got a go on the ropes course with his best buddy, Nick.

And guess who else got talked into it.
I was so terrified, my feet were sweating, which was not a good thing in the chosen sandals for the day.  If you look close at the pictures below, you can see we were cruising above the arcade.  Marshall spied me and yelled "Mama, what are you doing up there?"



So proud of my big boy for facing his fears and finishing the course.  All I kept thinking was "I cannot let him see me cry.  I cannot let him see me cry." Ha!  It was a great day with a great group of kids!

2 comments:

courtney said...

looks like a fun day!
happy birthday, jack. cannot believe you are already 6
{love the cake}

Selena said...

What an awesome place to have a birthday party!!

Happy Birthday, Jack!