Jack and I drove to Paris for the circus. I so wish I had pictures, not only of Jack at his first circus, but of this circus in particular. I don't remember a lot about going to the circus at the Henry County Fairgrounds growing up other than the elephant rides (no, Sissy would NEVER let us ride an elephant), the big tent, and the (what seemed at the time to be) huge bleachers. Well, we pulled up to no tent and the tiniest circus ring you have ever seen under the pavillion with maybe five rows of bleachers. I couldn't imagine how they would fit an elephant in that ring, but they did (two actually) and just about everybody there rode it other than us. Oh Emily tried to talk me into letting her take Jack, but what can I say - I am my mother's daughter. Anyways, the ponies came out for rides and Jack said "Mooooooooo!!!", the elephants came out for rides and Jack said "Mooooooooooo!!!", I think even a camel came out to perform and Jack said "Mooooooooooo!!!". Apparantly every animal looks like a cow to a 15-month old. Had I known this, we would've saved our admission and driven to the nearest farm. Despite the fact that the girl taking up money also tamed the lions and tigers and swung from a trapeze, the announcer also sold cotton candy, juggled, and had dancing dogs, and it cost us (well, Mom) an arm and a leg, I think Jack truly enjoyed himself.
We stayed in Paris for a couple of nights, took Jack to Henry County's homecoming and then hung around to watch a little football on Saturday. Emily (MeMe to Jack) was watching Ole Miss v/s Florida and let a four-letter word slip out pretty loudly. Jack was in the next room, but it didn't get by him. He immediately repeated it and walked into the room with MeMe and repeated it to her. A few nights later at home he dropped something and said "Oh sh%#". Travis and I were stunned not only that he said it, but that he said it in the right context and had no idea how to react. It seemed wrong to dicipline him since he's not old enough to know better and to draw attention to it would only make him say it more, so we just ignored it and hope it goes away.
I was watching the Bama v/s Georgia game with Jack Saturday night going pretty crazy during the first half. Jack thought it was hilarious and I kid you not looked at me and said "Bama". A mother could not be prouder!
1 comment:
OK, I missed these 2 posts when I had read about his open house the other day. I bet you want to strangle Em! Ha! And your depiction of the circus (and the "well-rounded nature" of its employees skills) cracked me up!
Post a Comment