I watched Kate while Liz took Maddie to the doctor. At first, I was a little nervous because I had never kept Kate before, so I wasn't sure how she would react when Liz left. I should have known better. Liz had barely walked in the door before Kate said "Bye, bye, Mommy." and she kept repeating herself until Liz finally got her point and left. She was a little hoot - buttering me up with her "Yes, maam's" and "Thank you's" then telling me I was too big for the chair I was sitting in and that she needed to sit there and relax her feet. Honestly, she and Jack were great and it was so much fun watching them play together. I saw the beginning of a beautiful friendship! Here are some pictures from the afternoon.
We taught Kate how to drive Jack's Mud Cruiser and then Jack got in and drove it for the first time. I wish we had a video of Kate cheering him on. It was priceless!
When Travis was on his way home, I loaded the kids up in the wagon and took them out front to "Go find Travis" as Kate kept saying the whole way.

If you let Kate think she's in charge, she'll do almost anything! Jack got the better end of this deal.
2 comments:
Aah, Kate and her repeating...such a WONDEROUS thing! Please feel free to tell her to quit doing it. We can't stand it, so why should you? And I totally got a tickle out of "if you let Kate think she's in charge, she'll do almost anything." I hadn't thought about it in that context, but you are SO right!
She didn't annoy me at all! She's very entertaining!
Post a Comment