WOW what a start to September we've had. On the 1st, Travis drove to Martin to go on a business trip with his dad. They started the trip, but quickly returned to Martin where Travis eventually ended up in the ER. He was admitted into the hospital the next day where we spent 5 nights. His symptoms were sharp stomach cramps, upset stomach, dehydration, and fever. They narrowed it down to an infection in his colon, but testwork had to be sent to Memphis (how ironic) to determine if it was viral or bacterial. For this reason, he was in precautionary isolation and I started out my visit with him in gloves, a gown, and a mask. Eventually, I learned that all this wasn't necessary, but at the time I was pretty freaked out by it all. The pain was so bad Travis was on a morpheine pump, IV antibiotics, and an IV of fluids. He wasn't even allowed to drink or eat anything for several days and even then it was all introduced gradually. It was pretty scary because without knowing what it was, we were allowed to wonder what it could be. The doctors were asking questions like has he traveled outside of the country lately, does he live on a farm, has he been swimming in any ponds or lakes recently, etc. It wasn't until the day after he was released from the hospital that we found out it was Salmonella. Take your pick as to where he got it. We both ate eggs, chicken, fish, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. that weekend - all the things that cause Salmonella. In all honesty, I probably got more rest in the hospital than I get at home and it was the longest Travis and I have been alone together probably since our honeymoon. The conditions weren't ideal and we both missed Jack terribly, but thank goodness everything turned out allright.
Now for the fun stuff. After returning to Memphis for only two days, we loaded up and drove back to Martin for Travis's 10-year class reunion. Travis's dad, Papa D, couldn't wait to show Jack his tractor. Before the weekend was over, Jack actually said "tractor". Here's a picture of the two of them riding around the farm.
Little did Jack know, he had a tractor of his own waiting in Martin. Papa D restored this tractor tricycle and wagon that was Travis's when he was a little boy and it was a big hit with Jack.
Here Jack has talked Papa D and Judy into taking him on a ride in the Ranger. Can you tell how spoiled he was after this weekend?
The reunion kicked off at the football game and coincedentally enough, it was my high school against Travis's. I was a good sport though and dressed Jack up in Charger blue. It was Jack's first football game and he LOVED it! We started out in the stands, but Travis took him down by the field to see a friend and that was the end of sitting down with Jack. He was obsessed with watching the kicker practice on the sidelines and kept saying "ball" over and over. He actually clapped right along with everyone else like he knew exactly what was going on. Here's a picture of Travis and him by the field. Oh and I should mention that Henry County beat Westview - ROLL RED ROLL!!!

The second event of the reunion was a family picnic at the park. It was really neat to see all of Travis's classmates and their kids and Jack had a great time as you can see.

While in Martin, I decided to take Jack to visit some of my good college friends, Mack and Kelli Kail. Here is Jack and Brady, their 3-year old. They also have a baby girl, Sarah, but I don't have a picture of her to post.

Saturday night was the dinner and banquet, so here's a few pics of Travis's high school friends and their spouses.


It was a great weekend. One I'll be recovering from for days to come I'm afraid! It was definitely back to reality come Monday morning since none of us had been at work or school in 2 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment