
This post will probably qualify as TMI for most of you, especially for those of you without kids. I totally understand and would have been the same way 18 months ago, but instead, here I am writing about my kid's bodily functions. As a parent, one thing that excites me the most is all the little firsts, therefore, I always end up starting things well before I probably should. Currently, the task at hand is potty training. Everyone says don't start them before they are ready or you'll both get frustrated, but they also say they're ready when they can tell you that they need to or have gone. Jack did #2 on the big potty about a month ago and you would've thought we'd won the lottery. He's always dirty when he wakes up, so one morning when he wasn't, I stuck him on there and immediately he went. I announced it to the world - making phonecalls and sending texts! I thought "This is going to be a piece of cake!". Tried the same thing the next day and he was bored after less than a minute of sitting and cried to get off the pot with no result, so I quit. Jack is also obsessed with our bathroom breaks and with the toilet in general. If he sees one of us going, he yells "Peepee!" and sits there watching until we're done. If the toilet seat is up, he puts it down and flushes (I'm training him well, ladies!). For this reason, I decided to buy Jack his own potty for Christmas. I thought it might be more interesting coming from Santa and why waste an opportunity to wrap up a necessity and give it as a gift? Since then, Jack has started patting his diaper and saying "peepee". The past two times he's done it, he has then gone in his diaper. I wouldn't believe it myself except for several other people have witnessed it. For this reason, I brought out the potty seat today as an early Christmas present. He was delighted! Isn't it funny what comes natural? The first thing he did when I set it up was grab his Bible (he's also obsessed with the Bible) and sit on it. The boy is already taking reading materials to the toilet with him! As I was taking it to our bathroom, he led the way and pointed to a spot in the den floor where he wanted it, so that's where it is in this picture. I honestly had no desire to write about this crazy topic until I took this adorable picture and then I just couldn't keep it to myself! So we're giving potty training a go a little earlier than planned. I have no crazy expectations that it'll be done in the near future, but what could it hurt, right? I'll keep you posted on our progress.
1 comment:
he looks so excited! how old is jack? nikos is 20 months. i am actually planning to get him a potty as well. he has been grabbing at his diaper when he pees and stuff like that. i guess we will just try it and see what happens. Good Luck!
Post a Comment