Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A few of Jack's Favorite Things

PeePee!!!
Potty training is not going so well, but he absolutely LOVES his potty seat. We sit him on it at certain times of the day and each time we tell him we're going to the potty seat he exclaims "PeePee!!!" and runs to the bathroom. So far, he's peed in the floor twice after sitting on the potty and once we found a nice surprise in the kitchen floor. I'm trying not to get discouraged though since he is still a bit young. We're just going to keep on trying! As you can see, he has tons of fun with it!




Mommy's Little Helper
Jack is also fascinated with the vacuum cleaner. Yesterday he made a mess of the packing material that came with one of his gifts, so I had to get the vacuum out. He was delighted and when I turned my back, this is what I found.


I think if they were to make riding vacuums, men might take part more in the cleaning.


Bubbles!!!
We give Jack baths in our tub because it's bigger and easier to reach him. Travis had him in the tub last night and I heard all sorts of commotion. Jack was squealing "Bubbles!" and I didn't think much of it because somehow Travis always manages to make more bubbles in his bath than I do. Well, when I got in there, I realized the bubbles Jack was talking about was coming from the jets. I've only turned them on once or twice when he's been in there and they've always scared him. In fact, the first time I turned them on when he was in there the water sprayed so hard it knocked him down. Anyways, he was loving it last night!


The big "uh-oh"
For awhile now, Jack has been saying "uh-oh". When he falls down "uh-oh", when he drops something "uh-oh", when we drop something "uh-oh", etc. Well, Jack had a big uh-oh at preschool on Monday. I got the call no parent wants to get from his preschool director saying Jack had fallen in the gym and she thought he might need stitches. He had busted his lip. Apparently, you have to go to the ER to get stitches. His pediatrician wouldn't even see him to determine if he needed stitches, so Travis, Jack, and I headed to the ER, which seemed a bit much to me. Thank goodness, no stitches, but I can't believe how brave my little boy was. He was knocked down by a kid running full force in the gym and hit his mouth on the gym floor. They said there was a lot of blood, but once they cleaned it up and gave him a popsicle, he was good to go. The way to Jack's heart is definitely food. He let the doctor lay him down and check it out and I still haven't seen him shed a tear over it and it is one fat lip! He did cringe once when eating ketchup on a fry immediately after leaving the hospital, but he kept on eating them! I told Travis if it had been either one of us, we would have been on a special diet soaking up all the attention we could get!


Hi!
Jack waves at all strangers at stores, sometimes to the point of embarrassment. If they don't wave back, he leans out of the cart, waves harder, and says "Hi!" even louder until they respond. Well, Travis had him at Dick's Sporting Goods a couple of weekends ago and Jack was doing his normal waving and "Hi" routine, but he took it one step further. He was waving at mannequins. As you can imagine, they can't wave back, so he just kept on waving and telling them "Hi". That's my boy!

1 comment:

Mary-Kate said...

The picture of him and the toilet seat is perhaps the funniest thing I've seen as of late. Thanks Jack, I needed a laugh!