Monday, December 29, 2008

Week-long Celebration

And bare with me because I got a lot of good pictures and of course I want to share them all! My family mostly celebrates on Christmas Eve, so we started out in Paris the day before. For as long as I can remember, my sister and I have swapped gifts before Christmas Eve because neither of us can stand the wait and this year we decided to let Jack in on that little tradition. Emily got him a leaf blower that came complete with goggles.

And Mom and Dad got him an art easel, so he will hopefully draw on that rather than my walls.

We spend Christmas Eve night with my mom's family, the Veazey's. This year, the Veazey family got the greatest gift of all for Christmas. My cousin, Lee Overbey, gave birth to a son, Michael "Aiden" Overbey, 6 weeks early on Christmas Eve. Aiden was 4 pounds 15 ounces and 18 inches long. As soon as Jack and I get well enough to visit, I will definitely post pictures because he is one beautiful little boy! He's doing well and I can't wait to see what he and his two cousins, Jack and Riley, get into next Christmas Eve when he's celebrating his first birthday! Speaking of the two little rascals, Jack and Riley were so much fun to watch this year!

Among other things, Riley got a dollhouse and Jack got a train set - the perfect little girl and boy gifts. Wouldn't you know that Riley spent the whole night playing with the trains while Jack played with the dollhouse. Travis was pretty disturbed at this sight.
The fun didn't stop there. We decided to open presents with my parents when we got home that night at 11! Jack was a little trooper. Here he is opening his gift from "Big Big" (my dad).

Christmas day brought us to Martin to celebrate with Travis's family where Jack got his very own remote control John Deere tractor.



Jack also enjoyed playing the piano while Max enjoyed snoozing with his new toys.

Here is Jack opening more gifts at his great aunt Phoo's house with Aunt Nanny, NiNi, and HiHe, as Jack called her.

We spent the day after Christmas on the Todd farm riding the Ranger to see the geese on the pond and riding the tractor with "Papa".

Everyone likes to make claims on Jack. He has so-and-so's eyes or he's laid back like his daddy. Well, one thing I know he for sure got from his "Papa D" is his love of the microphone.

No comments: