Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Here's to all the fathers in my life.

To Travis, who is a wonderful teacher to our son. He impresses me every day with his patience and his overall laid back attitude with Jack, which is the opposite of how I am most of the time. Jack already looks up to him so much and I know he will learn so much from his daddy for years to come. Shame on Travis and me for not making more of a point to have family pictures made. This is the only one from the day I could find of the two of them together, but in a way, it's pretty picture perfect.

To my own daddy, Jack's Big Big, who is an unbelievable grandfather. This past October, Daddy put down his last pack of cigarettes and hasn't picked them up since and just this April, he did the same for alcohol. Words can't express the gratitude I have for my son for having such a strong, positive influence on my father or the emotions I feel for my father making such big changes for such a little boy.

To my grandfather, Jack's Tarl (Carl), who has always played such a large role in my life. At 82 years of age, he's as active as ever, volunteering in the church and community, playing golf regularly with friends, and taking care of the farm and garden he started the day I was born. I don't know that there is a stronger influence in my life than this man. Granddaddy and Grandmother didn't make the party, but they were here one day last week to keep Jack and Jack does love his Tarl and GG.

2 comments:

courtney said...

this is the sweetest post. maybe i am still hormonal, but i almost cried. jack is so lucky to have such wonderful men in his life. and i am so proud of rick!

Judy said...

And let's not forget David Todd--the man who Travis calls "Dad." He loves his family--cried when Jack was born, and he is always there to help when you need him. He asks everyday if I've heard from the kids. I'm proud that they have a father and a "Papa D" who loves them so, so much! Love you all!!