I think of a million Jack stories a day to tell our parents when they call, but I really need to start documenting them before I forget, so here I go.
"Out, Bill!"
I heard Jack in the den yelling "Out, Bill!" the other day. I walked in to find him with both hands in the fish bowl trying to catch our poor Beta. It's only a matter of time before he sticks his fishing poll in there.
"I do it too!" and "My turn!"
He is at such an independent age, or I guess at an age where he wants his independence so much. I put him in the car seat and he wants to fasten the buckle himself - "I do it too!" he'll say. Travis brushes his teeth and before he can even get started Jack says "My turn!". If he drops something or wants something he'll say "I get it!".
"Mine!"
The "mine" phase has come and gone, but it seems to be here to stay for the time being. Kate came over yesterday to play and everything she picked up he said "Mine!". I wish I had it recorded because he has the southern accent going and "mine" is in multiple syllabols. The son of the lady he stays with is 16 and he adores Jack. For whatever reason, Jack is very territorial with him. Brandon brought Jack his shoes to the car yesterday and Jack said "Mine, Men! (his word for Brandon)". Brandon can't even touch Jack's carseat without being reprimanded. Last night when we were putting him to bed I was sitting in his chair with a throw pillow. "Mine, Mommy!" he said and glared at me. I said "Okay, that is yours. You can have it.". Then he points at my feet and says "That mine!" and I said "What is yours?" and he said "Toes!" and I laughed and said "No, those are my toes. Where are your toes?" and he laughed and pointed at his feet.
Dogs
He and the dogs have a love/hate relationship. Most of the time he loves them, but it terrifies them when he tries to show affection. He will let them lick him in the mouth without thinking twice about it and often tries to hug them and pick them up. He insists on giving them their treats when we leave the house and he has to be the one to open their gate when we get home. They love him in the morning and go with us every morning to get him up. They also love him at meal times when he shares more than we'd like. This weekend my parents witnessed one of those hate moments and failed to mention it to us until it was too late to discipline him. Marley was laying on the back of the couch minding his own business when Jack stands in front of the couch and starts hurling balls at him yelling "Marley, off!".
No comments:
Post a Comment