Day 1
We slept in on the day we were going to leave and leisurely packed up and headed out around noon. That's something you can do when you don't have men on vacation with you - travel leisurely. We got there just in time to unpack and go to the grocery. I'm lucky in that my kids are great travelers. Seriously. I've heard horror stories of car sickness, constant fighting, etc. and we had none of that, so even the drive down was great.
Day 2
Did I mention that we slept in? Like my 6 year old slept until 11 am almost every day. This might bother some parents, but Travis and I are night owls, so we're perfectly fine with our kids catching up on their sleep until late in the morning because we will definitely follow suit. Marshall woke earlier, but he was perfectly content with eating breakfast while watching cartoons in his p.j.'s until his brother got ready for the day. First up, a dip in the pool. Have I mentioned how thrilled I am that both of my boys are swimming?
Sweet sandy toes taking a rest in Mama's lap.
We finished up with a late dinner at Crab's on the beach, Jack's choice.
Horrible picture, but I had to capture the loads of fun they were having playing nearby on the playground.Marshall took a nose-dive in the sand, which was ok because Jack had already informed us that sand doesn't taste that bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment