Saturday, May 23, 2009

Here We Go Again!

This post has been anticipated for a couple of weeks now. Check out Jack's new t-shirt - he's going to be a big brother! I wanted this to be our big announcement, but unfortunately, my baby bump came in before the t-shirt, so most of you have probably already heard the news. I still had to get a shot of Jack in his shirt. The baby is due on December 5th, which makes me 12 weeks today. It seems that most people claim to lose count of how far along they are with baby #2, but that hasn't happened to me yet. At any time, I can give you the number of weeks, days and minutes if I think real hard. I feel good so far, just sooooooooo tired! I don't remember this about the first go around. I mean I was tired, but I'm drop dead tired now. Jack and I are spending many of our afternoons after work and school curled up in the chair watching Noggin. We've only known for a couple of weeks, so I haven't had real long to think about it, but my first reaction was that I want another boy. I know boys now and I have boy things. It would be awesome for Jack to have a brother, especially one that's so close in age to him (around 30 months difference - I've been counting that too). I'm going to go on the record right now though and say I'm feeling girly. The heart rate on the ultrasound was 180 at 10 weeks and if you believe in old wives' tales then high heart rates mean girl. Jack's was 130 at 6 weeks. I don't have his heart rate at 10 weeks recorded. This pregnancy is also already so different from the first. I'm not sick, but I'm super moody. Anyways, those are my current thoughts. We will be thrilled either way and should find out around the middle of July.

Jack is excited as well. Not real sure he knows what's going on, but almost the moment we found out we made the mistake of telling him there's a baby in Mommy's belly. A few days later when picking him up at the baby sitter's, he tried to pull up my dress and "See baby". We've also gone through him pointing to his and Travis's bellies and saying "baby". He carried the ultrasound picture around for a few days, but he's over that now. Every night he kisses and hugs the baby. I have no doubt in my mind that it's going to be so tough with two, but I also have no doubt that he will be the best big brother and if this baby is half as good as its big brother then we are the luckiest parents in the world!

3 comments:

liz said...

Yay for the t-shirt coming in! Jack will be a good big brother. I lost track with Maddie after she was born. After about 12 weeks, I just went by calendar months.

Courtney said...

Congrats again! So excited for you and looking forward to all the baby updates!

courtney said...

jack already looks so proud! i really hope you guys have a girl so we can experience all of the girly things together. but i will pray for your checkbook if it is a girl - OMG! can't wait to hear all the updates!