Saturday, September 19, 2009

Jack and the Bible

Jack has started Bible classes at preschool this year and I can't believe what an effect they are already having on him. He's gone through phases of being interested in the Bible, but never to this extent. I'm ashamed to say our attendance at church hasn't been the best here lately. His transition into his new class at school took a few weeks and I didn't have the heart to put him through it on Sundays as well. We went several times early in the summer and Jack went to the 2-year old class, but we were out of town or had company so much late summer and then school started, etc. Travis and I might as well not go to church if Jack has to go to the service with us. Anyways, I'm so glad he's at least getting a Bible lesson at school each week and every night he's insisting on reading his Bible book for toddlers and then he wants me to read from the actual Bible. Well, the other night I was reading a story and it had a picture of Jesus on it and it was talking about Jesus' friends. Jack pointed to Jesus and said "That my God." The story then asked who your friends are and Jack said "I have friends at school. Mommy my friend. God my friend." So sweet! He came home this week with a picture of Noah's Ark and told us the ark was a boat and there were animals on it. Then he pointed to Noah and said "That God." Apparantly, every Biblical character to Jack is God.

No comments: