Monday, September 7, 2009

Quotes From the Night

Jack is continuing to struggle in his big bed. I feel horrible because it's my fault. He did great the first two nights then we had to put him in our bed to paint and from that point forward he's wanted me in there with him. I laid down with him until he went to sleep for about a week and didn't mind it too much until he started waking in the mornings screaming for me. That wasn't even too bad until the hour got earlier and earlier and I had to nip it in the bud. He's now waking in the middle of the night upset that his door is closed. His door stayed closed in the nursery, but for whatever reason he wants the door to his big boy bedroom open. Well, this doesn't work too well in a noisy house, so he's waking for one reason or another.

I decided to move from his bed to the floor outside his room. He wanted the door open, so he would know that I was there. Well, he laid at the foot of the bed watching me. I told him to go lay on his pillow and he said "I no see Mommy on my piwwow (pillow)!". It broke my heart. So I gave him a recent picture taken of Travis, Jack and me to keep by his bed and look at when he misses us. I've caught him multiple times looking at that picture and again, it breaks my heart.

Last night when he finally fell asleep he had stacked all of his stuffed animals on his pillow and was laying in the middle of them. At 3:30 when he woke up screaming that the door was closed, I went in there and after a few minutes he calmed down, looked around and said "What deez animals doing on my piwwow?".

I know this is another phase that will pass with time and I'll forget just how bad it was. I'm just glad he's providing a little amusement along the way.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Awwww!! You are doing a great job. Remember all of this when I ask how to do all of this with Taylor.