Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Let the Countdown to Marshall Begin!

Today was my 30-week appointment and I just realized that I haven't blogged about baby in awhile. Our life remains hectic, so honestly, not much has been done for Baby Marshall here lately. We've planned a long weekend in Martin and Paris coming up over Jack's fall break and that will probably be the last of our overnight trips until Marshall is big enough to travel (and this crazy flu season is over). The appointment was uneventful, which was very much welcome! Some problems early on have required ultrasounds at every single appointment up until now and while I've enjoyed getting sneak peaks of the little guy every month (and sometimes more often than that), it was nice to be in and out of the doctor's office in under 15 minutes today! Would you believe today is the first time my doctor has checked the heartbeat herself since leading up to now we've been doing it via ultrasound? I measured right on target for my due date despite what seems like daily comments that I must be having twins and I'll never make it to December. I heard it all last time too and I'll have you know that I was induced with Jack only 4 days before my due date. I now start biweekly appointments, which I know will make the remainder of my pregnancy fly by - 9 weeks and 4 days until my due date, to be exact!

So what's going on with Marshall and plans for his arrival? Well, not much of anything unfortunately. Original plans were to just use Jack's nursery bedding and change up the walls, wall decor and rug, but fortunately, Mom and I stumbled on some pieces to a bedding set at the Pottery Barn Outlet that go with Jack's nursery's same color scheme. Here's a picture of the quilt, which is one of the pieces we found.

We also purchased the bedskirt, mobile and a throw pillow and we'll be able to use Jack's bumper pad, roman shade, glider and the rug from his playroom. Marshall did also get a new armoire to replace the one we moved with Jack. The theme is circus, even though I wasn't necessarily looking for a themed nursery and the colors are prodiminantly blue and green with some red and yellow, same as Jack's nursery. It sounds like we're on the ball, right? Well, the room is in bad need of a paint job and we're in bad need of a free weekend to paint. I'm hoping to have it all done by the end of October and will post some pictures as soon as it is complete and possibly some in progress pictures as well.

Our method of discussing baby with Jack right now is "don't ask, don't tell" or really "He doesn't ask and we don't tell". He is not fond of babies and will go so far as to turn his back to them when they are around. I really should post the picture taken of Jack with my cousin's 6-month old taken in June because it tells the whole story. Sometimes with Jack, the bigger deal you make of something, the less he wants anything to do with it, so while everyone else is constantly questioning him about Marshall and forcing other babies on him, we're trying not to. Now that doesn't mean that Jack doesn't bring up Marshall because he does on occassion. He'll bring him up in our prayers and sometimes say "Hi Marshall" to my belly. Once he even pointed to my sister's belly and said "Marshall in there?" I'm just hoping once Marshall is here, Jack's anxiety towards little ones will subside and we can all live happily ever after. More on Marshall when I have more to share. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers because knowing what's headed our way this time around has made it even more terrifying than the first!

No comments: