Monday, September 14, 2009

More Night-Time Chatter

Just a few more funnies from Jack at bedtime. This weekend Jack and I went to Paris for some shopping, visiting and much needed haircuts. I have to add that this was the best haircut yet for the little guy. He didn't cry one tear and if you ask him about it he'll say "My Sissy hold my hand.". That's a big thing of his right now, having someone hold his hand while he does something he doesn't like. It drives Travis crazy, so I try not to encourage it, but I was willing to do anything to avoid the usual haircut tantrum. Saturday night Emily was praying with him before bed and asked him if there was anything else he wanted to say during the prayer. His answer was "Amen". Evidently she covered it all!

He has a Bible book for toddlers that here recently he's wanted to read from each night before bed. At his school, they have also just started Bible classes. Last night's story was about Jesus' love for children. At the end of each story, it has questions and a Bible verse. The question was "What would you say to Jesus?", so I said "Jack, if you could talk to Jesus, what would you say to him?" and he replied "Thanks, Jesus!" in the sweetest voice.

At 5 am today when he woke for the second time, he said to me "I build a house.". Last night he had his hammer and nails and said he was going to build a house. Travis took him outside with his own hammer and nails and they hammered on some wood together. So I replied "You did!" and he said "Me and Daddy did." and I said "Yes, you and Daddy did." and he said "I build good!" and I said "You do build good."

1 comment:

Jane Ellen said...

thats cute! one question though...where in the world do you go shopping in paris? : )