Miss Taylor Townsend turned one last month, so we took Marshall to his very first birthday party at her house...and he slept through it! At that point, Marshall was maybe giving me 1/2 hour naps at most, but the party was the day after his 2-month shots. He literally slept in his car seat in Lindsey and Nick's bedroom the entire party and I had to wake him to eat. By the time we came out of the bedroom, most of the guests were gone, which was probably just as well since it wasn't the best idea to take our 2-month old around such a crowd during the middle of sick season anyways, but I couldn't resist. That night, Marshall slept through the night for the first time. I couldn't believe it! It hasn't been that way every night since then, but it's been consistent enough to make Mommy happy. Now back to the party. Here is Taylor greeting Marshall. It was precious and I just couldn't select only one picture to show. She would look at him and grin and even rock his car seat for him. He looked up and grinned back at her. And I thought Jack had her heart.
The party was in the middle of Jack's naptime, so instead of fighting him for an early nap, we just let him stay up. He made it through most of the party, but towards the end crashed in the chair with his daddy.
Before leaving, we bribed him with a balloon for some pictures with the birthday girl. You can see the enthusiasm on his face. I guess he's still playing hard to get (or jealous of the attention Taylor was giving baby brother).
No comments:
Post a Comment