Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Party

Jack's Valentine's party was the Thursday before Valentine's Day, the only day that week he was in school because the snow kept him out the other two days. I decided to volunteer to help at the party and was so glad I did once I saw the excitement on Jack's face. Lucky for me, Marshall slept through it, so I was really able to enjoy myself and spend time with Jack and his classmates. There isn't much 2-year olds can do as far as party activities go, so we had them decorate paper bags with heart stickers then each child helped put their cards in the bags. We had two poster boards with big hearts cut out of each hung on the wall for the kids to throw balls through and then we read a Valentine book and ate a big lunch consisting of heart-shaped sandwiches, Cheetos, strawberries, cheese cubes, cupcakes and cookies - a meal no child can resist! Even though the school day wasn't over after the party, Jack wanted to go home with Marshall and me, so I obliged. Once we were home, he taste-tested each treat in his bag. He would literally open a sucker, take one lick then lay it down and go to another. Holidays are definitely more fun with kids around!

No comments: