Sunday, January 6, 2013

Birthday Weekend

With my birthday falling so close to Christmas, it never truly seems like the holidays are over until my birthday passes.  Even though the decorations have been put away, we're still celebrating here!  Lucky for me, my parents, Emily and Boyd all came to spend my special weekend with me.

I'm not sure who was more excited about my birthday, Jack or me.  The poor kid thinks everyone has birthday parties and told me earlier that week that he told his friend, Nick that he and his mom could come to my party if they wanted.  He also requested that my mom make hot apple cider for the event.  Below is a screen shot of a message between his teacher and me.
The day before, Jack informed me that his friend, Madison, helped him make my birthday presents during inside recess.  As soon as we got home that day, he asked that I get him the wrapping paper and tape for him to wrap them, but he wouldn't let me open them until Big Big and Sissy got here Friday night.
Travis was out of town the night before my birthday and who wants to wake up alone on their special day?  The boys and I had a slumber party.  I fell asleep in between them and had to get up to take my contacts out.  When I returned, my spot had been claimed.
After Marshall and I dropped Jack and Kate off at school, we went for birthday donuts.  For lunch we decided to celebrate by bringing McDonald's lunch to Jack at school.  MiMi and baby Boyd were in the driveway when we got home and went to pick the kiddos up from school with us then Travis returned home shortly afterwards.  Big Big and Sissy met us at Vinegar Jim's for my birthday dinner that night.

Jack entertaining the baby.
Who thinks we look alike?
I think this little boy is getting quite fond of his aunt Carla.

My gifts from Jack.
I have been itching to do some after Christmas shopping, but haven't braved it with the kids.  On Saturday, Mom, Emily, Boyd and I went out for the afternoon and I spent some of my gift cards for some goodies.  This was my backseat partner.
The boys love Boyd and he seems to return their affection.  Jack is so proud that he can carry him around.  Of course, his little brother is so small he can carry him around too, but that isn't as much fun when the baby is here.
Let the post-holiday mourning begin now that my big day is over.  My mom has always done such a great job making sure our special day is just that and even now at the age of 35 she continues to spoil me not only on this day, but every day that I'm with her.  She did not leave today until my house was completely cleaned and she left enough food to feed us for days.  I'm so blessed to have such wonderful people to love me.  Next up, Travis turns 33!


No comments: