Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Maaaaaa and Pumpkin Carving Take Two

I don't remember the last time I've intentionally taken a picture of just Max and Marley or Maaaaaaaa, as Jack calls them both. Honestly, I don't remember the last time they sat still together long enough for me to take a picture. Here lately they're running from Jack or resting when he's in bed. For example, right now he's throwing potpouri that looks like a ball at them yelling "Ball!" and Max is hovering under the kitchen table while Marley is shivering on the back of the couch. He loves them, but he also loves to terrorize them. Even when he's loving on them, they are terrified because he just doesn't know gentle yet. The closest they will get to him is when he's in the highchair hurling treats down at them. Here's a good picture of the two of them from the other night after Jack went to bed. Max is on the left. He's the older dog that Travis gave me for my birthday the year we got married. Marley is the one I had to have to keep Max company.

After the "Jack" pumpkin rotted and collapsed, Travis decided Jack wasn't done justice by the two pumpkins he carved that hardly lasted until Halloween. Yesterday when he saw a much bigger one, he decided to try again. Apparantly, he's serious about becoming a professional pumpkin carver and I have to admit he's pretty good at it. Here's a few shots of the process. At first, Jack was very interested and insisted on sitting in Travis's lap.
He loved reaching in and pulling out the seeds and other junk.

He was pretty tired of it by the end and the picture below pretty much sums up his mood the entire night. Anything we wanted him to do, he wouldn't do and anything he did do, we didn't want him doing. He walked up to Travis with a golf ball completely in his mouth. I'm pretty sure he can't swallow a golf ball, but I didn't want to take the chance long enough to grab my camera. What a great picture that would have been.

He took a little more interest in the pumpkin today - sharing his yogart snack and juice with it and trying to find more seeds to pull out through its mouth.


Max has also fallen in love with our latest pumpkin. We have pictures of Max with all kinds of inannimate objects that he obsesses over for awhile. At Christmas it was Jack's rocking horse, at Easter his stuffed bunny, and at his birthday his turtle sandbox. Now apparantly, it's the pumpkin.

No comments: