Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick-or-Treating with our Little Bruiser

Jack was 4 months old at Halloween last year, so we didn't do much trick-or-treating. Travis and I couldn't wait to take him out on the town tonight! We only visited a few friends' houses, but Jack was so good and really seemed to enjoy himself. He was a boxer, which truly fits his personality these days. He did not like the robe. Yesterday when I was getting him dressed for his Halloween parade I had him all suited up, left the room to get the camera, came back and the robe was on the floor. I picked it up to put it back on him and he backed up behind the rocker saying "Nonono!". He also won't wear the gloves even though they just wrap around his wrists, so I tied them together with a shoe string and hung them around his neck.


Our first stop was the Jostes house. I couldn't get Kate away from the table and her candy long enough to take a picture of the two of them standing together, so this was as good as it got. Truth be told, there's no way they would have stood that close together long enough for a picture anyways.
I wish I had our old pictures on this computer, so I could post a picture of the Jostes family on Kate's first Halloween. You see, Halloween is a family event for them and on Kate's first Halloween they all dressed up as the Wizard of Oz characters, complete with Craig as the tinman. We got a lot of laughs out of that one. This year the adults sat it out, but the dogs still dressed up. Liz's mom's dog, Lena, was an angel. Jack the dog was a flower.


At the end of the night, we let Jack eat a piece of candy and wouldn't you know he picked a sucker. At the end of every school day the kids get to pick a treat out of the treasure chest and Jack always picks a sucker. The teacher says he knows it's the end of the day and starts pointing to the chest saying "Mama" because he knows when I get there he gets his treat. I always let him eat it on our way home and although it does make a mess, he is strapped into the carseat, so at least the mess is confined. Tonight we were scrambling to get his bath ready and he had the run of the house, so you can imagine all the little red handprints and red drops we found everywhere.

2 comments:

liz said...

I'm sure Craig is quite thankful you didn't post the TinMan Pic!

Mary-Kate said...

Love the costume! I've never seen a little boxer before!