
The fact that Jack now insists that his door be cracked rather than closed while sleeping has presented a problem with the dogs. They insist on sleeping with him and with the door cracked, they have easy entry. On more than one occasion, I've heard strange noises coming from his room only to look on my video monitor and see the dogs pawing around on his bed trying to find the perfect spot. Now this would be more than okay with Travis and me since we're completely over having the dogs in bed with us. We tolerate it only because at almost 5 and 6 years old, it would be a pretty hard habit to break them from without the dog whisperer to consult. However, it is not okay with Jack to have the dogs in his bed at any time. I think I've already blogged about Jack not liking our bed because there was dirt in it. Well, he's a smart kid and is well aware of where that dirt came from. Just a couple of weeks ago in the middle of all the rain, one of the dogs got on his bed while he was watching a movie and there were wet paw prints. I made the mistake of drawing attention to this fact and Jack quickly crawled over to inspect the damage. Just today when one of them jumped on his bed he said to me "Get Marney (Marley) off my bed! No get it wet!". The other night after putting him to bed I let the dogs out and he called out from his room to me "Let boys outside, Mommy?" and I replied "Yes, Jack, I let the boys outside." His response was "Boys don't get on my bed!" You get the point. The picture above was taken during one of his naps a couple of weeks ago. Max, the prissier, cleaner dog of the two, kept insisting on napping with him despite my numerous attempts at shooing him out. Finally, I just gave in and left him there.
No comments:
Post a Comment