Saturday, December 5, 2009

Just a few of my latest favorites



Took these last night of the kids. So weird saying the kids in plural. Jack truly loves Marshall, but he terrifies me around him. He's so rough and tumble and that behavior doesn't change no matter how close his baby brother is. He is holding him more and actually trying to pick him up more than I would like. I also think Jack is having a few Mommy issues. We have had family here helping every day but 2 since Marshall was born and he is 2 weeks old today, so Jack isn't lacking attention. Apparently, he's just lacking Mommy's attention. Yesterday I wanted to take a hot bath and read a book, just something to unwind. My mom was here, so I thought he would be entertained by her and Marshall was sleeping. Well, Jack decided to join me for my bath, not in the tub, but in the bathroom. Evidently, since we wash him, he thinks we need help being washed in the tub as well and pretty much the whole bath was spent with him dumping buckets of water on me to rinse me off. He also "washed" my hair and then "dried" it when I was out of the tub. At first I was annoyed, but then when I realized how much he thought he was helping and enjoying every minute of it, I put my annoyances aside. This morning he woke up at 4 am screaming my name. I was so out of it that I woke up confused as to which child was crying and finally it dawned on me that since the voice was actually saying "Mommy", it had to be Jack. When I asked him what was wrong, he said "I no find my mommy!", so it must have been a nightmare and I let him join us in the bed. He really is a big helper though. He's already learned so much of Marshall's routine, or I guess my routine with Marshall. When I change his diaper, he pulls a chair up to watch and hands me the diaper rash cream, Vaseline for his circumcision and alcohol swabs for his umbilical cord. When I feed him, he makes sure I have a burp cloth.
As far as sleep goes, I'm not getting a lot. Marshall's days and nights get mixed up. He's waking up for more periods of time each day, but when it comes time to go to bed, he's wide awake and fussy when put in the bassinet. The kid never cries otherwise. Well, other than when he's hungry and I'm choosing to change his diaper before feeding him. So this morning at 4 am, I had Marshall on my chest, Jack between Travis and I, and both dogs somewhere under the covers. It's humorous really to think about, but honestly, as tired as I was, I was in Heaven.

1 comment:

Selena said...

He is such a pretty baby, even if he is a boy... glad things are going well and that all are healthy. Congratulations, once again!