When we found out that Marshall was due December 5th, we made the decision to stay home for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. It was really a no brainer since I was supposed to be 39 weeks pregnant at Thanksgiving and in no shape to travel and Marshall should have only been 3 weeks at Christmas. Having him 2 weeks early made no difference in the plans. As hard as it was to even think about being away from my family at Christmas, the thought of packing up both boys, both dogs and everything that went with them was unimaginable. So both of our families came down here to celebrate with us on the weekends surrounding Christmas. Travis's family came first the weekend before. His mom was already here helping with the kids on Thursday, his dad arrived on Friday and his sister on Saturday. We already had so many gifts under our tree, so they left their gifts in our garage and brought them in during Jack's nap since we were going to open gifts after his nap. Lindsey also arrived during Jack's nap, so when he woke up and saw Lindsey here along with all these gifts he hadn't seen before, he immediately assumed that Lindsey brought all the gifts. Still to this day almost 2 weeks later, he's referring to the toys he opened from Travis's parents as being from Lindsey. Here's a picture of Jack in front of his loot. Notice his new haircut. Since Jack's first haircut at 10 months old, I have taken him to Paris to a family friend that has cut my hair for forever. We haven't been to Paris since October and Jack and I both were getting shaggy, so we tried out a stylist down the road in Arlington. She cut Jack's hair a lot shorter than I am used to, but it looks great and makes him look so much more grown up. When she was finished he said "She took all my big hair off."
I wanted to get a picture of Jack with the family and didn't. I spent most of the gift opening "ceremony" (not sure what else to call it) feeding Marshall and honestly didn't even get a picture of Marshall that night. Shame on me. Jack really loaded up and I think his absolute favorite was his umbrella from Aunt Food (Phoo, as Travis calls her, but Jack calls her Food). He slept with it that night and came to our room the next morning carrying his binkies (blankets) and his umbrella. The main thing I remember about Jack from last Christmas was his love of opening presents. After every gift, he would say "More!" Well, that wasn't really the case this year. Every time he opened a gift, he wanted to stop and play with it.

Probably the funniest part of the weekend was the toy he played with the most. On his way into town, Papa D stopped by the Mexican restaurant to get a to go menu and also picked up Jack some prizes out of the quarter machine. One was a sticky-dooey (Papa D's and now Jack's word for it) that you throw against a surface and it sticks. We spent most of the weekend looking for his sticky-dooey. After Santa came Jack actually said to me "Santa didn't bring me a sticky-dooey." and I said "Well, you need to ask him for one next year." to which he replied "When I go back to school I'm going to tell him I want a sticky-dooey!" Here's a picture of Max in his most famous pose.
And a picture of Marshall the next day. I was feeling guilty for taking so many pictures of Jack with the gifts and none of Marshall.

No comments:
Post a Comment