2 1/2 to be exact, but today was Marshall's 2 week doctor's visit. I was very anxious to go and see just how much he's grown. Since I breastfed Jack, I'm pretty comfortable with the concept of if they're having plenty of dirty and wet diapers then you know they're getting enough milk and believe me, this kid is going through the diapers! I still like the reassurance of a weight check. The night before we left the hospital, Marshall was down to 6 lbs 14 oz. Here are his birth stats v/s today:
At birth (38 weeks):
7 lbs 4 oz
20 1/2 in
Today (2 weeks, 4 days):
8 lbs 12 oz
21 in
We are so pleased that everything looks great and he doesn't have to go back until 2 months for his first round of shots. Now, for comparison purposes, here are Jack's birth and 2 week stats:
At birth (39 weeks, 3 days):
8 lbs 5 oz
20 1/2 in
2 weeks, 1 day:
9 lbs 4 oz
21 1/2 in
Looks like he's following in big brother's footsteps.
Speaking of big brother, Jack went along for the second round of the H1N1 shot. I couldn't have been prouder that my little boy didn't even flinch when she stuck him! Mom and Dad are back in town to help and Mom went in with the boys and me to see the doctor to help with Jack. The entire time Dr. Ellis was checking out Marshall, Jack was saying "He needs to do me now." At one point when the doctor was talking to me about Marshall, Jack was making as much noise as possible. He has also started doing this at home when I'm shushing Marshall to calm him.
Here's my latest favorite Marshall quote from Jack. Their pediatrician is in Collierville, so after the appointment, we went to the Collierville mall. One of us stayed in the car with Marshall at all times, so we didn't have to get him out in the weather and Mom was the only one to go into the first store. Jack did not like this at all and I kept telling him the next stop was the store with balls (a sporting goods store), so he was overly anxious to get to it. I was feeding Marshall and Jack kept saying he wanted to go to the store with balls. I told him I had to finish feeding Marshall first and he said "Marshall is driving me trazy (crazy)!" Marshall wasn't making a peep, but Jack couldn't stand having to wait on baby brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment