Friday, March 5, 2010

A Day For Jack

I decided that the first time Alesia kept Marshall, she should keep him alone.  The boys are a handful together and I wanted her and Marshall to get to know each other.  Also, I desperately wanted a day with Jack to myself.  I love Marshall, but I do miss my time with Jack.  It never seems like I have alone time with him anymore and I just realized that's because he's so independent that when Marshall is asleep, I take that time to get my work around the house done rather than spend it with Jack.  When Marshall is awake, I'm either feeding, changing, holding him or sitting nearby.  Travis has been traveling here lately, so Marshall even joins us when I bath Jack and put him to bed, which Jack doesn't seem to mind, but there's just never any Jack time.  So anyways, on this day I decided to leave Marshall with Alesia and take Jack to the Children's Museum of Memphis.  I know I was more excited than he was because even though I had never been there myself, he had no clue what a museum was or what fun he was about to have.  After a few errands including a trip to my work, we were there.  It was so sweet because at work everyone was wanting to talk to him, but he ignored them all until we were about to leave and a lady walked by that didn't talk to him.  He turned to her and said "I'm going to a museum!" 

The first exhibit we visited was the Fed Ex plane.  He didn't know what to think of the cock pit and instead wanted to slide down to the bottom level.  I rushed down the steps to make sure I was at the bottom before he slid down and when I got there, no Jack.  I waited and still no Jack.  Then a few girls came down and I began to panic.  I'm sure it was only maybe a minute or two, but until I laid eyes on him up above looking down for me, I was frantic!  He even told me "I call you.  I say 'Mommy!  Mommy!' and I can no find you!"  Here he is in the few seconds he spent in the cock pit.
 
Next we fished. 

And did a little grocery shopping.



I thought he would be most impressed with the fire truck, police car and police motorcycle and while he did sit on them, it was barely long enough for me to get pictures.


His favorite room by far was the movie room.  It has a stage with a camera and big screen tv set up to film and show you on the tv doing any of several options - weather man, American Idol tryouts, music video, etc.  Jack being the dancing king that he is, opted for the American Idol tryouts and music video.

It was a great day!  As we were driving off, Jack said to me "That was a great trip, Mommy!"

2 comments:

liz said...

I could see him loving the fishing, and I think the grocery store is pretty cool. The A.I. dancing is hysterical, though! Go Jack!

Courtney said...

Love the Children's Museum! Big fans! Glad Jack loved it, too.