Marshall at 3 months is so much happier than Marshall at 2 months! I cannot believe the difference and am more convinced than ever that he had collic. He is still not a good napper - I'm happy if I get an hour out of him at a time - but it's hard to complain because he's sleeping through the night for the most part. He goes down anywhere between 9 and 9:30 and wakes up between 6:30 and 7, which I can live with. I'm also pretty proud of the fact that more times than not I'm laying him down awake and he's putting himself to sleep. That happened more by chance than anything because honest to goodness if he's tired, I can't hold him anywhere near me without him trying to nurse. By the time I had him down at night, my shirt was soaking wet from him sucking on my shoulder, my arm, etc., so I had to find another way to get him to sleep. He has started taking a pacifier, which is probably good and bad. Jack always took one and looking back, it was pretty convenient when I needed him happy and quiet quick and it wasn't that big of a deal to break him from the habit. Marshall has never been very good at it until I pulled out a new one my dad bought him. Yes, my dad. When we found out Jack was a boy, Dad ordered him an Alabama pacifier. It was Jack's favorite from the start and unfortunately, we left it at the beach when he was one. Well, Dad bought Marshall one just like it and it's already his favorite as well. There's nothing special about it. It's just a regular old pacifier, but it works. He's now eating every 3 or so hours, which doesn't sound like much of an improvement from every 2 hours, but I'm here to tell you it's a world of difference! I also gave him a bottle for the first time right before he turned 3 months and he did okay with it. He's stayed with Alesia twice, only once with Jack, and I'm now going into work on Wednesdays, which is actually a nice change and break for me. I still have him sleeping in the bassinet part of the Pack n' Play in our room, which isn't good because I have no doubt he's over the weight limit, but since this is probably our last baby, I'm holding onto all those newborn things a little longer this time around. He is napping in his crib, which might be why he doesn't nap very well. Maybe that'll change when I move him in there at night. He's also still being swaddled, but I know it's just a matter of time before that has to end as well. He hasn't rolled over yet, but he's sure trying and he's gotten so much better at holding his head up while on his tummy. We've found that he's ticklish below his chin, but nothing makes him laugh like his big brother. It's unbelievable to me that in just a couple of weeks I'll be writing about Marshall at 4 months. Where does the time go? Oh and we FINALLY had Marshall's picture professionally taken. Go to http://resugganphotography.com/blog/ and he's "Adorable Baby M", so hopefully, sometime soon we'll have some pictures of him around the house to add to Jack's shrine.
No comments:
Post a Comment