Before Marshall was born, I worked Monday-Thursday and stayed home with Jack on Fridays. Our day off almost always consisted of toast and eggs for breakfast, so much so that when I would tell Jack the next day was Friday and ask him what that meant expecting him to be excited about me being home with him, he would instead say "toast and eggs!" Since Marshall, there isn't much time for cooking in the morning beyond Pop Tarts and frozen waffles, but I decided today would be different. Dr. Suess' birthday was this week and I remembered Jack coloring green eggs and ham on a skillet at school, so I thought I would add a new twist to our breakfast. He was delighted at the idea and here's how it started. A few drops of green food coloring.
A little stirring...
Green eggs, bacon (close enough to ham, right?) and toast with Great-granddaddy Carl Ross' jelly. Actually, Jack got a little happy with the food coloring and before all was said and done, the eggs were rainbow colored, but the kid had fun and ate his breakfast, so we killed two birds with one stone this morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment