The following conversation took place last weekend between my parents and Jack:
Dad: Do you want to go home to Paris with me and Sissy?
Jack: No, I have to stay at my home with Mommy, Daddy, Marshall, Max and Marley.
Dad: Oh, well, what if we just take Marshall?
Jack: No, him have to stay at my home with me, Mommy, Daddy, Max and Marley.
Dad: Well, what if we take Mommy. Can you feed and change Marshall's diaper?
Jack: No, I can no feed Marshall. I don't have a boob.
Mom: I can't feed Marshall either, Jack. I don't have a boob.
Jack: Oh, you have a goober, Sissy?
Let me say this is the first time he's referred to the boob as the means of feeding Marshall. Before he's always said Marshall is drinking my tummy and honestly, I've never corrected him. I'm just not ready to go there with him yet. Still, he's very interested in the differences in our bodies. Just the other day he said to me "Mommy, you no have goober?" and I said "No, Jack, I don't have a goober." and he said "Then where do you pee?" Didn't quite know how to answer that one.
Another funny conversation that was had the other night between Jack and my sister:
Emily: Jack, I'm going to be a Koon (Emily's new last name will be Koon when she gets married in July).
Jack: Oh, Mommy, is it okay if I be a rattoon with MiMi and Wuke too?The kid is 100% potty trained and 100% rebelling right now. Just last week I was so proud of how he was doing because he's now going on his own, pulling his pants up and down and everything. He's even waking up in the morning or from naps saying he has to poop rather than just going in his diaper. This is HUGE for Jack! Anyways, this past week he's peeing his pants on purpose for attention. Not really sure how to handle that, but we'll figure it out somehow. He's also getting a little rough with Marshall hitting, kicking and even biting him. It's never hard enough to hurt him and poor Marshall just grins at him when he does it, but it irritates me to no end. Other times, he's kissing and loving on him. I swear sometimes I feel guilty for having Marshall like I've done something to Jack, but I have to keep reminding myself that he'll grow out of it and truly love having a little brother one day.
Some things he's doing and saying right now:
"Oh, thank you!" - He thanks us for EVERYTHING! It's sweet and sad, almost making us feel like we never do anything for the kid, so when we do the least thing he goes overboard praising us for it.
"Is that otay?" - He also asks if it's okay for him to do EVERYTHING, which again, is sweet and sad like he can't make a decision for himself or like we don't let him do anything. "Is it otay if I sit by you, Mommy?"
He's tough as nails and only cries when he's throwing a tantrum, which usually occurs when he's tired. If he falls down and we know he's hurt, you can tell he's fighting back tears. Makes me so proud and sad that he's trying so hard to be such a big boy. I've told him over and over again that big boys cry too, so when he throws a tantrum and cries, he'll say "Big boys cry too, Mommy!"
I've caught him more than once with a chair pushed up to the kitchen sink washing his dishes and putting them in the dishwasher. I have pictures to prove it, but they're on my phone. This reminds me of myself and my dad. He wants to be such a little helper.
He can work a lap top better than his grandparents. No joke. My sister showed him http://www.sesamestreet.org/ around Christmas and he can now start my computer, pull up the Internet, pull down the drop down box and sometimes find the web-site. He'll play games and videos on there for hours if we let him.
Just this week, he's started taking showers. He's been taking showers with Travis every so often for what seems like forever, but here recently, Travis has been letting him stay in the shower and play when he gets out. Well, I used this to my advantage when bathing him the past two nights and let him take a shower alone. I washed him, but it's a much faster process than a bath because there isn't as much to entertain him, but it's still a pretty cool concept to him.
He says he will be holding MiMi's hand, standing next to MiMi, and dancing with MiMi at her wedding and I will be standing by and dancing with Luke. Sometimes I wonder if he thinks he's the one marrying her.
We are so very proud of this little boy! He continues to amaze us daily and it is so much fun being his mommy.
1 comment:
I nearly died when I read the rattoon story!! That, seriously, belongs on the "You Know You're A Redneck When" list. He hears "koon" and thinks racoon! Priceless!
Post a Comment