The up-do that took I don't know how many practices to perfect.
Has there ever been a more beautiful bride?Or a more handsome ring bearer?
The bride and her directors
The register attendants, our cousin, Lee Veazey Overbey, and Ginger Oliver
Travis and our sweet boys...why don't we ever remember to get a full family picture?
Some favorites of the bride and groom with the kids
Big Big and the boys
The church is beautiful as is, but it was stunning that day
If I had to describe my feelings on the day in one word, it would be proud. Proud of a sister, who is just as beautiful on the inside as on the outside, which was evident by the number of people who came to share this day with her and Luke. Proud of a mom, who is the most selfless person that I know who spent all week making sure everyone else was helped, served and taken care of and never once put her feet up to enjoy herself. Proud of a dad, who is such a good "Big Big" to these boys of mine, who helped take care of them all week and weekend long, so I could somewhat relax and enjoy the festivities. Proud to have a husband to take care of our boys, so that I could enjoy my sister on her big day. Proud to have a family, who truly steps into help each other out when needed. Our cousin married Emily, another one helped the florist, several more aunts, uncles, cousins and friends were either in the wedding or there all week decorating and then there almost all day and night Saturday and Sunday taking down all the decorations. But most of all, at the end of the day, I was proud to be this little boy's mommy. No, he didn't stand still, he didn't bow his head when we prayed or intently watch as his MiMi and Luke took their vows. Instead, he tossed his pillow in the air, sat down on the pew, rubbed MiMi's back, tried to get in between the bride and groom and basically, acted his age. I was proud of him for walking down that aisle, standing in front of all of those people and putting a smile on my face when I was fighting back the tears. I haven't talked to Emily about it yet, but I'd be willing to bet she'd say the same thing.
1 comment:
Wow - time flew by. I can't believe Emily got married already. Beautiful!
Post a Comment