Friday, August 20, 2010

Marshall at 9 Months

Nine months...WOW!!!  That's 3/4 of Marshall's first year already gone by and I honestly can't believe it!  His doctor's appointment is still a couple of weeks away, but so much has changed in just the past month that I know if I wait another 2 weeks he will be onto another new phase.  Here are a few of his latest firsts in pictures.

He's pulling up now.  This picture was actually taken last weekend and at that point, he was only able to pull up on things low to the ground like Jack's train table (much to Jack's delight) and the window sills, but just yesterday he pulled up on a cube that functions as a coffee table, so he has now officially entered the pulling up stage and he couldn't be prouder of himself.

He has another tooth, which makes 3 total, all on the bottom, and he's chewing on EVERYTHING!!!
He's eating mostly table food and feeding himself.  I still send baby food to school and Alesia's mainly because it's easier to pack, but at home he demands what we're having.  This makes for a very messy baby!  He seems to like everything and doesn't object to a single food yet.
He rode his first ride and threw a crying fit when it was over.  Jack was actually thrilled to hold his brother in his lap on this Mickey Mouse ride in front of Toys R Us.
And last, but certainly not least, he got into his first fight at school.  This was in the note portion of the daily report sheet I receive from preschool each day.
It says "Marshall had a really good day.  He and a friend got in a paci fight so he has a little scratch."  I couldn't help but laugh for so many reasons.  For one, even at 9 months if another child had approached Jack for his paci, he would've gladly handed it over and crawled the other way.  Instead, Marshall went for hers.  He has already learned a valuable lesson from having a big brother - you have to fight for what is yours!  Second, I feel like I'm raising my baby sister.  Emily was constantly scratching, hitting, pulling hair, you name it from a very early age.  And third, I cannot believe we're only 2 weeks into the school year and he's already had an "altercation".  Now I'm trying to decide if I'm going to give out fingernail clippers to the other kids in his class as his Halloween gift to them or if I'm just going to let Marshall's nails grow out, so he'll be on equal grounds with Miss Edward Scissorhands.

He has adjusted to school well and doesn't even look back when I drop him off.  Jack says when he sees Marshall at school he doesn't talk to him because he doesn't want to make him cry for him, but he also says Marshall kicks his legs and giggles when he sees Jack.  Alesia has to hide in the halls when they pass, so he won't cry for her, which makes me feel good because he's obviously bonding with her.  He's only nursing or taking 8 ounces in a bottle 3 times a day and has finally started napping well for me - 1-1 1/2 hours twice daily - and he continues to sleep 11-12 hours at night, early to bed and early to rise!  He can crawl up on all fours, but prefers the army crawl.  He's drawn to door stoppers, dog food and wires.  We can't baby proof fast enough! 

No comments: