Papa D approached Travis and I in June about getting the boys a 4-wheeler for Christmas. Travis was 5 when he got his first 4-wheeler, so he wanted to get one around the same age for Jack and he wanted to get it for Christmas, so it was a gift for both boys. Travis and I agreed and the excitement overtook Papa D as he started shopping and decided Christmas was just too long for the boys to have to wait. So Jack and Marshall celebrated Christmas in July.


I have to admit when I saw the size of this thing, it terrified me. Travis reassured me it would take Jack 6-9 months to even learn to ride it by himself. WRONG!!! He was driving it by himself by the end of the day, which terrified me even more. I have come around though. The throttle can be adjusted to control the speed and Travis has been good about making sure Jack can't go too fast. He's also doing a great job working with him on driving it. Luckily, we have a park accross the street from our house and Jack rides around there and even better, behind our neighborhood there's tons of fields and wooded areas where Travis takes both boys for even longer rides. For that reason, I'm happy about the size because Travis can enjoy it with them.

I do have a side story for that day. The weekend before a neighbor brought over a see-saw that her kids had outgrown. Travis and I never even showed it to Jack and because it had been so hot outside he hadn't been in the back yard all week to see it. That day when we brought Jack out to see the 4-wheeler, the see saw was sitting right beside it. We said "Jack, what did you get?" His response? "A SEE SAW!!!" Kids' minds never cease to amaze me.

The boys love their 4-wheeler, Papa D and Judy! Jack told everyone "I got a 4-wheeler! A real one!" and for weeks when we would go out to the garage he would pat it and say "My 4-wheeler is cool!" Marshall calls it a tractor. He calls everything a tractor right now. When Travis returned home from a business trip Marshall went up to him and said "Daddy, tractor, go!" Boys and their toys!
1 comment:
How exciting! We have no clue where L learned about, saw, or heard about 4-wheelers, but he mentioned them, out of the blue, the other day. Just like you said, boys and their toys! I know they will make lots of great memories as they grow up! :)
Post a Comment