For Jack's birthday, Aunt Lindsey gave him some Chameleon Crocs. If you haven't seen them, look them up. They're precious. In the shade, they are white with blue straps, but in the sunlight the straps turn blue. This makes them cool to the kids. To Mommy, what's cool is Jack can put them on all by himself and that saves major time when trying to get out the door. He's never really had Crocs before. Honestly, I've never wanted to spend the money on rubber shoes when I can get Stride Rite or the equivalent for the same amount. Next year, we're going the Crocs route again. Marshall also loved Jack's Crocs. I would catch him trying them on and walking in them. Once I even caught him trying to take his own shoes off to put Jack's Crocs on. Jack understood his brother's desire for Crocs as well as one day I overheard him tell Marshall "Marshall, when it's your birthday you can have some Crocs too." That's all it took. Mommy ordered little brother some Crocs and I have to say their arrival was a huge "Up" to Marshall's summer. They're not chameleon, but he couldn't care less. In his eyes, they're just like Bubba's.

The first day he had them he even insisted on napping in them.

Now for the down. On July 4th, Marshall came down with a stomach bug. The real kicker? He came down with it at Travis's new boss's 4th of July party. Did I mention she doesn't have kids? Nice. On July 10th, Marshall spiked a fever of almost 104. I took him to the doctor the next day to discover he had an ear infection. The doctor prescribed him Cefprozil, a medicine he's been on several times before. After one dose that morning and a nap, he felt much better, but when I took off his shirt to give him a bath I noticed this. I panicked at the thought of an allergic reaction, rushed him to our neighbor who is a nurse at a pediatric hospital, sent pictures to several friends and family members for opinions and call the doctor's emergency line. The nurse line thought it was okay to continue his meds, so that's what we did and just assumed what we were seeing was eczema.

Fast forward 10 days and the end of the medicine and here's what he woke up with. More pictures to family and friends and a rushed trip to the doctor and he definitely had an allergic reaction, but the doctor didn't think it was to the medicine or at all related to the prior week's break out. In fact, we have no clue what caused it.

Here's Marshall in action throwing a tantrum at the doctor's office when I took his Goldfish away after reading the sign "No food or drink in the waiting room."

The next day it spread on his face, but Benedryl a few times a day and he was good to go.

But nothing can take this sweet baby's smile away.

Did I mention Jack's strep was immediately followed by a stomach bug? We are ready for this month to be OVER!
3 comments:
love the crocs. hate the bumps. poor marshall. i hate that he had to go thru that!!
L had an allergic reaction just like that a few months ago! We still don't know the cause and suppose we never will, but it looks terrible and was very frightening...
They are growing up so quickly and are looking more and more alike to me... If only E would wear shoes like Marshall or any shoes for that matter. :)
Marshall wouldn't wear shoes for the longest either and even now sometimes I don't bother even putting them on until we get where we're going because all too often I find him barefooted in the car.
Post a Comment