Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday, Maddie!

Madelyn Rose turned 3 in July and we celebrated with her at Art and Soul in Germantown. It was a painting party where the instructor showed the kids how to paint a dinosaur, currently one of Maddie's favorite things. Here are our little Picasso's starting their masterpieces.



Take a good look at Jack's face in this picture. He woke up that morning complaining that his teeth and throat hurt. He's been taking Benedryl all summer for allergies and I just assumed it was allergies and the late night and lack of nap he had the day before.

















The kids took a break while their backgrounds dried to put hand prints on a canvas for Maddie to take home.


Notice this is the end of the pictures. I've always heard the expression of people turning green when they get sick, but I never knew the true meaning until I saw Jack's face after eating a few strawberries and chips and claiming he was full. Mommy's instincts kicked in and I clamped his mouth just in time to save him from spoiling everyone's lunch. We left shortly after and headed straight to a minor medical center, where Jack's strep test came back extremely positive. Unfortunately, the kids didn't get to finish their canvases, but Craig brought them home to us and even finished the dinosaur for Jack. He appropriately named him "Ralph".

No comments: