Saturday, July 9, 2011

Let Freedom Ring!

Every year at summer camp, they make t-shirts. Last year it was tie dye and they were precious until they were washed and turned pink. A pink shirt just doesn't fit into a house full of boys. This year they painted flag shirts and I thought they turned out great! This is what Jack wore to the firework show.
Our firework show plans changed at the last minute and while I'm not much on changing plans, it worked out great! We were taking both boys to Millington just like last year until Travis's friend, Alex called Saturday afternoon. Alex just moved back to Memphis and for the time being he is staying with his brother, whose house backs up to the park where the Collierville fireworks are done, so we headed that way for some grilling, music and fireworks. The bands were great and could easily be heard from the house and just minutes from the fireworks starting we walked into the park and watched the show. The only way it could've been any easier is if the show was in our own backyard. While I was more worried about Marshall's reaction, Jack was the one that took some convincing. Of course, he knew what was coming and Marshall was clueless. I think the looks on both boys' faces say it all.





No comments: