Thursday, November 15, 2012

St. Paul Thanksgiving

Each year St. Paul has a Thanksgiving Feast where the entire school eats together dressed as pilgrims and Indians with the tables decorated in their Thanksgiving art.  The meal consisted of kid-favorite foods such as deli meat, cheese, mac and cheese and jello.  Last year as a room mom, I was able to volunteer and see both boys, but Marshall is pretty clingy to me, so I've decided to stay out of the scene this year and hopefully, I can volunteer more next year when he grows out of this phase.  At the end of the day, Liz sent me this picture of our worn out kiddos who crashed on the ride home from school.  Feasts are exhausting for her fructose-intolerant diva and my finicky eater.
This Thanksgiving artwork was sent home by Marshall.
I was a little confused as to why my precious mama's boy named his turkey ""My Mama", so I texted his teacher to find out that "My Mama" wasn't the name of his turkey, it was what he was most thankful for.  You now see why this precious child absolutely melts my heart.

No comments: