Travis and I are both off tomorrow for MLK Day, so we decided to have a family day today. We started out running errands and we could've stopped there. Jack absolutely LOVES PetSmart, so that within itself is a treat to him. He runs from one animal to the next yelling "Sish! Sish!", "Puppies!", and "Bir!". Sometimes he just lets out a shrill scream when one of the animals makes a move towards him. Like I've always said before, Jack is all boy. Next we headed to Best Buy and once he discovered the theater room, it took us forever to get him out of there. I know Travis can't wait for the days when Jack can help talk me into the latest and greatest gadgets. We ended up at Chuck E. Cheese's for dinner. Travis and I remember going to Showbiz Pizza, the old Chuck E. Cheese, in Paducah, KY growing up. It seemed like Emily and I both had birthday parties there every year. It was the place to go and we were so looking forward to the pizza tonight. Ugh. Never again. We had a great time, don't get me wrong, but I guess our memories didn't serve us too well or Chuck E. Cheese can't serve it up like old Billy Bob from Showbiz could because the food was horrible. Other than that, we had a blast. Jack was amazed as soon as we walked in the door and we couldn't keep him seated long enough to eat (can't blame him). He danced to the music and then rode every ride in the place. Here are a few pictures from our night.
Here is Jack and Bob the Builder riding Jack's ultimate favorite, the tractor.

Jack is also really into horses. He doesn't even attempt to say "horse". He just calls them "neigh".

If only I had a better picture of this moment. There was a monster truck that Travis was eyeing from the start. Every boy loves monster trucks, right? Well, another little boy was riding it and his mom offered to let Jack ride with him. The look on Jack's face the entire ride was sheer terror. The truck went up and down and tilted side to side. Travis and I couldn't keep ourselves from laughing, but it was really kind of pitiful.

Here Jack is playing Mommy's all-time favorite skee ball. He and every other toddler in the place was trying to run up it.

No comments:
Post a Comment