Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day!!!

Jack doesn't have school on Wednesdays. Instead, he stays with a babysitter. When we woke up this morning to find out that Shelby County and Memphis City Schools were out, I decided to take a snow day. Luckily, we didn't get the ice that our relatives got up in Northwest TN, but we got enough snow to thrill our little 19-month old. Last spring, Baby Gap had their snowsuits on sale for $1, so I bought 2! This was Jack's first opportunity to wear it. We both suited up and headed outside.
I had Jack so bundled up that the poor kid could hardly walk, so he spent more time on the ground than anywhere and Travis and I were bent over laughing so hard we couldn't even help him.
Here's our mini-snowman. I tried to build a bigger one, but there just wasn't enough snow.
As you can see, the mittens didn't last long, so our time outdoors was short lived and Jack wasn't the least bit happy about it. His hands were frozen, but I swear he would've stayed out there all day. When we finally did get him inside, I treated him to some hot chocolate with marshmallows.
He's getting pretty good at using a regular cup, but sometimes he gets overly anxious, as you can see from all the chocolate on his shirt.

We made one more trip outside before nap time and I introduced Jack to the art of making snow angels. He loved it! He didn't really get the concept. He basically just laid on the ground and wiggled his arms and legs, but I bet he laid down and said "s&it" (sit comes out as a four letter word) 5 times in the 20 minutes we were out there. Once again, the hands froze as he struggled to keep on the mittens, so I had to fight to get him back inside by promising another trip out when he wakes up.
It sounds like a lot of work for little play, but if it gets me a long nap it's all worth it!

No comments: